On Thursday, June 20, we were privileged to have Attorney’s Meghan White and Katie Krejci from the Maricopa County Public Defender’s Office return to our Fearless group to wrap up their discussion on the terms of Probation and Parole. They answered many of our questions and reviewed the conditions in order to be compliant on Probation or Parole. We appreciate the time they have given our group to help us with the complexities of supervision.
- We are in the planning stages for an AZRSOL Professional Development Conference: Setting the Record Straight in July of 2020. If you would like to help, please let us know.
- We really need your 2-minute Stories to share with Representative Blackman and others. Please reach out to us if you need help with the writing. Maya will be happy to assist and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We had another meeting with Barbara Broderick, Chief of Maricopa County Probation, and Cynthia Stevens, Head of Maricopa County Sex Offender Probation. They are working on making the terms of probation more case specific and improving the Early Termination Protocol.
- We had a great time and learned a lot at the NARSOL Conference. You can watch most of the sessions on the NARSOL website once they are uploaded. We’ll try to let you know but would like to encourage everyone to become a member and check the website frequently for a lot of great information. Thanks to everyone who participated in the Silent Auction and Quilt Raffle, we raised $4,650 for NARSOL’s legal fund.
- Representative Walter Blackman who is speaking at our July 18th meeting is part of a committee to study expanding earned release credits to more inmates in Arizona prisons. Please plan on coming, invite others to come and write your 2 minute story.
- Here is an article Jenny shared regarding the Alaska Supreme Court ruling that making all sex offenders register is unconstitutional by violating their rights of due process. It allows for people on the registry to prove that they are not a threat to society.
Our next meeting will be on Thursday July 18 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m