Katie Krejci and Meghan White, both attorneys from the Maricopa County Public Defender’s Office Sex Crime Unit, talked about the complexity of rules for a person on sex offender probation, parole, and/or the registry. They did not, and nothing in these minutes is intended to, provide legal advice on an individual basis.
There were many rules and regulations discussed, and the bottom line is to make sure you always check on the right way to do anything while you are on Registry or Probation because laws change, and they are different in every state, and even county. Enclosed are some handouts they gave us that explain Conditions of Supervision while on Probation.
- South Unit (in Florence)
- Our Fearless meeting at South Unit had over 100 attendees and was well received by inmates and staff (courtesies).
- Inmates intend to start fundraising for AZRSOL
- Future meetings will be on the 1st Monday of each month.
- Upcoming guest speakers will be an attorney and author.
- Gathering terms from all counties.
- Planning to meet with as many Chiefs as possible.
- Barbara Broderick from Maricopa County is scheduled.
- Legislation for 2019
- Working to help young offenders.
- R.S. §§ 13-923, 13-3821(g), 13-3826
- We will send out information on how to register for Request to Speak and to have your voices heard in the legislature.
- Town Hall
- Community Town Halls have been a great opportunity. See Arizona Town Hall for some of the reports.
- At least 5 are attending the Statewide Town Hall.
- Stephen, Dustin, and Pat’s fees have been paid by a combination of donations and scholarships. Thanks to generous donations, there may be some funds available if you’d like to attend. See Pat afterwards.
- Reminder that Jenny is our Fearless Coordinator and Carol Ann is our Education Coordinator.
- Dustin is our new Fundraising Coordinator.
- See any of them if you would like to help.
- Justice Involved, Justice Resolved Round Table
- We were invited to participate by State probation leadership.
- Several of us will ensure our voices are heard.
- Thursday November 15 will be a pot luck celebration.
- AZRSOL is providing green beans and all paper products. If you’d like to offset these costs, an envelope is in the back.
- Sign-up sheet is in the back. (And is attached).
- We will be giving our annual Perseverance Award and celebrating all of our successes living on the registry and fighting for change.